Set up Windows Hello
Before you can set up Windows Hello in 1Password, you’ll need to set up Windows Hello on your PC. Then follow these steps:
- Open and unlock 1Password.
- Choose 1Password > Settings, and click Security.
- Select “Allow Windows Hello to unlock 1Password”.
Now you can use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password. But don’t forget your Master Password. Sometimes you’ll need to enter it instead of using Windows Hello.
Use Windows Hello
After setting up Windows Hello, open 1Password or use 1Password in your browser.
If 1Password is locked, click the Windows Hello button. Or just press Enter.
You’ll see a message that Windows Hello is “Making sure it’s you”. Place your finger lightly on the fingerprint sensor or look at the camera to unlock 1Password.
Sometimes you’ll need to enter your Master Password instead of using Windows Hello:
- If your face or fingerprint isn’t recognized
- If you’re trying to change your Master Password
- If you’ve restarted 1Password, including after updating 1Password or restarting your PC
If you still need help, follow these steps. Try again after each step:
- Make sure you have the latest version of 1Password.
- Make sure that you are able to use Windows Hello to unlock your PC.
- Turn off Windows Hello in 1Password > Settings > Security, then turn it back on again.
- Try resetting Windows Hello on your device. Go to Start menu > Settings > Accounts > “Sign-in options”.
Windows Hello requires a Windows 10 device with compatible hardware. To find out if your device is compatible, go to Start menu > Settings > Accounts > “Sign-in options”.