Set up Touch ID
Before you can set up Touch ID in 1Password, you’ll need to set up Touch ID for your device. Then follow these steps:
- Open and unlock 1Password.
- Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings > Security.
If you're using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.
- Turn on Touch ID.
Now you can use your fingerprint to unlock 1Password. But don’t forget your 1Password account password. Sometimes you’ll need to enter it instead of using Touch ID.
Use Touch ID
After setting up Touch ID, open 1Password. If 1Password is locked, you can use Touch ID instead of your account password.
To unlock 1Password, place your finger on the Touch ID sensor.
Sometimes you might see the Touch ID button beside the account password field, like when you cancel the Touch ID prompt. Tap it and the prompt will appear.
Sometimes you’ll need to enter your account password instead of using Touch ID:
- If your fingerprint isn’t recognized three times in a row
- If you haven’t entered your account password in two weeks
- If you add or delete a fingerprint from your device
If you still need help, follow these steps. Try again after each step:
- Make sure you have the latest version of 1Password.
- Make sure that you are able to use Touch ID to unlock your device.
- Turn off Touch ID in Settings > Security, then turn it back on again.
- Try enrolling a different finger.