Set up Spotlight
Before you can use Spotlight to find 1Password items, you’ll need to enable it in the 1Password app:
- Open and unlock 1Password.
- Tap Settings > General.
- Tap to turn on Spotlight Search.
From now on, you’ll be able to search for 1Password items without even opening the 1Password app.
There are two ways to use Spotlight to search 1Password on your iOS device:
- Drag down from the middle of the Home screen.
- Drag right from the Home screen to show Search and Siri Suggestions.
Then enter the name of the 1Password item you’re looking for. When you find the item you need, tap it to open it in 1Password.
Sometimes, it may take a few minutes for 1Password items to appear in Spotlight searches.
If you set up Spotlight more than a few minutes ago, and you still aren’t seeing 1Password items, follow these steps. Try again after each step:
- Open the Settings app, then tap General > Spotlight Search. Tap to turn on 1Password in the list of Search Results.
- Restart your iOS device.
For your protection, 1Password limits Spotlight to item names. Open 1Password to search for usernames, tags, or other fields.
Using Spotlight to search 1Password requires iOS 9, but it is not available on iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad mini (1st generation), or iPod touch (5th generation).