- Create Users. Users created in Rippling will also be created in 1Password.
- Update User Attributes. Changing a user’s name in Rippling will change their name in 1Password.
- Deactivate Users. Deactivating a user or disabling the user’s access to 1Password in Rippling will suspend the user in 1Password.
- Sync Group Memberships. 1Password groups are available in Rippling, and any changes you make to group memberships sync to 1Password automatically.
- Use Teams and Departments. You can use your Rippling Teams and Departments to add and remove users from 1Password groups.
To get started, sign in to your account on Rippling.com and follow these steps.
Add the 1Password application to Rippling
To add the 1Password application to Rippling:
- Click Add New App.
- Search for 1Password and click it.
- On the 1Password application page, click Connect Account.
Configure the application
If you’re an owner or administrator for your business account, click “I’m the 1Password admin, I’ll install it”.
When prompted, enter the SCIM bridge URL and your Bearer Token.
1Password SCIM bridge URL: the URL of the TLS-secured API gateway, proxy, or load balancer where you’ve configured the 1Password SCIM bridge. For example:
1Password Bearer Token: your OAuth bearer token
Click Move To Next Step, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the Rippling configuration.
Get help if you don’t have your bearer token.
To add a Team or Department’s employees to a 1Password group:
- Click the Groups tab in the 1Password application.
- Click Edit beside the group.
- Enter the Team or Department name, click it, then click Confirm.
Learn more on the Rippling Help Center.
If you have existing groups in 1Password that you want to sync with Rippling, add them to the groups managed by provisioning. Click View Details in the setup assistant or click Integrations in the sidebar and choose Manage. Click Manage in the Managed Groups section, then select the groups to sync.
If you’re already using the SCIM bridge, make sure to select the groups that include the Provision Manager account if you want to keep syncing them.