- Create users. Users created in Rippling will also be created in 1Password.
- Update user attributes. Changing user attributes in your directory will change the mapped attributes in 1Password.
- Deactivate users. Deactivating a user or disabling the user’s access to 1Password in Rippling will suspend the user in 1Password.
- Sync group memberships. 1Password groups are available in Rippling, and any changes you make to group memberships sync to 1Password automatically.
- Use Teams and Departments. You can use your Rippling Teams and Departments to add and remove users from 1Password groups.
To get started, sign in to your account on Rippling.com and follow these steps.
Step 1: Add the 1Password application to Rippling
To add the 1Password application to Rippling:
- Click Add New App.
- Search for 1Password and click it.
- On the 1Password application page, click Connect Account.
Step 2: Configure the application
If you’re an owner or administrator for your business account, click “I’m the 1Password admin, I’ll install it”.
When prompted, enter the SCIM bridge URL and your Bearer Token.
1Password SCIM Bridge URL: the URL of your SCIM bridge (not your 1Password account sign-in address). For example:
If you don’t know your URL, make sure you’ve set up and deployed the SCIM bridge.1Password Bearer Token: the bearer token for your SCIM bridge
If you don’t have your bearer token, learn how to get it.
Click Move To Next Step, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the Rippling configuration.
To manage who gets provisioned to 1Password, click Access Rules and choose Edit.
To add a Team or Department’s employees to a 1Password group:
- Click the Groups tab in the 1Password application.
- Click Edit beside the group.
- Enter the Team or Department name, click it, then click Confirm.
Learn more on the Rippling Help Center.
If you have existing groups in 1Password that you want to sync with Rippling, add them to the groups managed by provisioning. Click View Details in the setup assistant or click Integrations in the sidebar and choose Manage. Click Manage in the Managed Groups section, then select the groups to sync.
If you’ve previously used the SCIM bridge, make sure to select any groups that were already synced with Rippling. This will prevent problems syncing with your identity provider, including duplicate groups.