With 1Password Business, you can automate many common administrative tasks using the 1Password SCIM bridge. It uses the System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) protocol to connect 1Password with Okta, so you can:
- Create Users. Users created in Okta will also be created in 1Password.
- Update User Attributes. Changing a user’s name in Okta will change their name in 1Password.
- Deactivate Users. Deactivating a user or disabling the user’s access to 1Password in Okta will suspend the user in 1Password.
- Import Users. Users created in 1Password will be downloaded and turned in to new AppUser objects, for matching against existing Okta users.
- Push Groups. Groups created in Okta will also be created in 1Password, and group membership changes in Okta will also be made in 1Password.
Before you can configure Okta, you’ll need to set up and deploy the SCIM bridge.
To get started, sign in to your account on Okta.com , click Admin in the top right, and follow these steps.
Add the 1Password Business application to Okta
To add the 1Password Business application to Okta:
- Click Applications, then click Add Application.
- Find 1Password Business in the list and click Add. You’ll see the general settings for the integration, including the default application label “1Password Business”.
- Click Next, then click Done.
You’ll see the details of the application you just created.
Configure the integration
On the 1Password Business application details page, click Provisioning. Then follow these steps.
Set up API integration
Click Configure API Integration, then turn on Enable API Integration.
Enter your Base URL and API Token.
Base URL: the URL of the TLS-secured API gateway, proxy, or load balancer where you’ve configured the 1Password SCIM bridge. For example:
API Token: your OAuth bearer token
Get help if you don’t have your bearer token.
Set up provisioning to 1Password
Click To App in the sidebar, then click Edit.
Turn on these options:
- Create Users
- Update User Attributes
- Deactivate Users
To manage assigned users and groups, click Assignments. Then click Assign and choose Assign to People or Assign to Groups.
To turn off synchronization, click Active and choose Deactivate.
To change the region to match your 1Password account, click General, then change Region Type.
You can also map Okta user attributes to 1Password.
Learn more on the Okta Help Center.
If you have existing groups in 1Password that you want to sync with Okta, add them to the groups managed by provisioning. Click View Details in the setup assistant or click Integrations in the sidebar and choose Manage. Click Manage in the Managed Groups section, then select the groups to sync.
If you’ve previously used the SCIM bridge, make sure to select any groups that were already synced with Okta. This will prevent problems syncing with your identity provider, including duplicate groups.
Appendix: Attribute mappings
The 1Password Business application supports several user attribute mappings:
|The user's email address.|
|name||The user's name or display name.|
|preferredLanguage||The default language for 1Password.|