Before you can integrate with JumpCloud, you’ll need to set up and deploy 1Password SCIM Bridge.
With 1Password Business, you can integrate 1Password with JumpCloud to automate many common administrative tasks:
- Create users. Users created in JumpCloud will also be created in 1Password.
- Update user attributes. Changing user attributes in your directory will change the mapped attributes in 1Password.
- Deactivate users. Deactivating a user or disabling the user’s access to 1Password in JumpCloud will suspend the user in 1Password.
- Import users. Users created in 1Password will be matched against existing JumpCloud users.
- Push groups. Groups created in JumpCloud will also be created in 1Password, and group membership changes in JumpCloud will also be made in 1Password.
To get started, sign in to your account on the JumpCloud Administrator Portal and follow these steps.
Step 1: Add the 1Password Business application to JumpCloud
To add the 1Password Business application to JumpCloud:
- Click SSO in the sidebar, then click to add a new application.
- Search for 1Password and click Configure.
- In the General Info section, enter “1Password Business” for the display label.
- Click Bookmark, then enter the sign-in-address for your 1Password Business account, for example:
- Click Activate.
Step 2: Configure the application
On the SSO page, click the 1Password Business application to reopen the configuration panel. Then follow these steps.
Click Identity Management.
Make sure “Enable management of User Groups and Group Membership in this application” is turned on, then click Configure.
Enter your Base URL and Token Key, then click Activate.
Base URL: the URL of your SCIM bridge (not your 1Password account sign-in address). For example:
If you don’t know your URL, make sure you’ve set up and deployed the SCIM bridge.Token Key: the bearer token for your SCIM bridge
Learn what to do if you don’t have your bearer token.
Click the User Groups tab to manage who will be provisioned to 1Password, then click Save.
To manage assigned users and groups, open the 1Password Business application and click User Groups.
- To add or remove a user group, select or deselect the checkbox beside the group you want to add or remove, then click save.
- To add or remove a user, click the group where you want to add or remove a user. In the configuration panel for the group, click Users. Select or deselect the checkbox beside the user you want to add or remove from the group, then click Save.
Learn more about how to authorize users to an application in JumpCloud.
To turn off synchronization, open the 1Password Business application and click “Deactivate IdM connection”. Click Confirm, then click Save.
Learn more about using JumpCloud for identity management with 1Password.
If you have existing groups in 1Password that you want to sync with JumpCloud, add them to the groups managed by provisioning. Click View Details in the setup assistant or click Integrations in the sidebar and choose Manage. Click Manage in the Managed Groups section, then select the groups to sync.
If you’ve previously used the SCIM bridge, make sure to select any groups that were already synced with JumpCloud. This will prevent problems syncing with your identity provider, including duplicate groups.
If you update the bearer token for your SCIM bridge, you’ll also need to update it in JumpCloud:
- Open the 1Password Business application.
- Click “Deactivate IdM connection”, then click Confirm.
- Click Identity Management, then click Configure.
- Enter the URL of your SCIM bridge and your new bearer token.
- Click Activate, then click Save.