Before you can integrate with Entra ID, you’ll need to set up and deploy 1Password SCIM Bridge. To use the SCIM bridge with Entra ID, the administrator managing the SCIM application must have a premium subscription.
With 1Password Business, you can integrate 1Password with Microsoft Entra ID (previously Azure AD) to automate many common administrative tasks:
- Create users: Assigned users and groups will be provisioned to 1Password.
- Update user attributes: Changing user attributes in your directory will change the mapped attributes in 1Password.
- Deactivate users: Disabling a user or removing their assignment in Entra ID will suspend the user in 1Password.
- Assign groups: Assign groups from your directory to sync them to 1Password or manage existing 1Password groups in Entra ID.
To get started, sign in to your account on the Microsoft Azure portal and follow these steps.
Step 1: Add 1Password Business as a custom application
To add 1Password Business as a custom application in Entra ID:
- Click Microsoft Entra ID, then select Enterprise applications in the sidebar.
- Click New application, then click Create your own application.
- Enter “1Password Business” for the name of the app and select Integrate any other application you don’t find in the gallery (Non-gallery). Then click Create.
You’ll see the details of the application you just created. Continue to the next section to configure it.
Step 2: Configure the application
On the 1Password Business application details page:
Click Users and groups in the sidebar, then add the users and groups you want to provision to 1Password.
Click Provisioning in the sidebar, then click Get Started.
Set Provisioning Mode to Automatic.
Enter your Tenant URL and Secret Token.
Tenant URL: the URL of your SCIM bridge (not your 1Password account sign-in address). For example:
If you don’t know your URL, make sure you’ve set up and deployed the SCIM bridge.Secret Token: the bearer token for your SCIM bridge
Learn what to do if you don’t have your bearer token.
Click Test Connection, then click Save and click X (Close) in the top right.
Click Edit Provisioning.
If you want to use custom attribute mappings, click Mappings and refer to the default mappings below.
Set Provisioning Status to On and click Save.
When you turn on provisioning, existing 1Password users will be linked to Entra ID users if their email address matches. If their email address is different, they’ll be invited to 1Password again, so make sure any affected team members update their email address before you turn on provisioning.
If you have existing groups in 1Password that you want to sync with Entra ID, add them to the groups managed by provisioning. Click View Details in the setup assistant or click Integrations in the sidebar and choose Manage. Click Manage in the Managed Groups section, then select the groups to sync.
If you've previously used the SCIM bridge, make sure to select any groups that were already synced with Entra ID. This will prevent problems syncing with your identity provider, including duplicate groups.
Appendix: Attribute mappings
The following are the default user attribute mappings for the 1Password Business application in Entra ID:
|1Password attribute||Entra ID attribute||Description|
|userName||userPrincipalName (UPN)||The team member’s username and email address.|
|displayName||displayName||Their full name.|
|name.givenName||givenName||Their first name.|
|name.familyName||surname||Their last name.|
|preferredLanguage||preferredLanguage||Their default language for 1Password.|