- Create Users. Users created in Rippling will also be created in 1Password.
- Update User Attributes. Changing a user’s name in Rippling will change their name in 1Password.
- Deactivate Users. Deactivating a user or disabling the user’s access to 1Password in Rippling will suspend the user in 1Password.
- Sync Group Memberships. 1Password groups are available in Rippling, and any changes you make to group memberships sync to 1Password automatically.
- Use Teams and Departments. You can use your Rippling Teams and Departments to add and remove users from 1Password groups.
Step 1: Prepare your 1Password account
Before you can set up SCIM bridge auto-hosting on Rippling, you’ll need an OAuth bearer token and encrypted
scimsession file. To generate them, click Get Started, sign in to your 1Password account, and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you see “Generate New Credentials”, the setup process has already been completed. If you’ve lost your bearer token or session file or changed the sign-in details for the account shown, click Generate New Credentials.
After you complete the setup process, you’ll see:
scimsessionfile. It contains the credentials for your new Provision Manager account.
- Your bearer token. It’s the key to decrypt your
Save them both in 1Password. You’ll need them in step 3 when you deploy the SCIM bridge on Rippling. Learn how to save important files in 1Password.
The bearer token and
scimsession file combined can be used to sign in to your Provision Manager account. You’ll need to share these with Rippling, but it’s important to never share them with anyone else.
If you have existing 1Password groups you want to sync
- Sign in to your account on 1Password.com and click Groups in the sidebar.
- Select a group, then click Manage in the People section.
- Select the Provision Manager and click Update Group Members.
- Click next to the Provision Manager and choose Manager.
Step 2: Add the 1Password app to Rippling
To add the 1Password application to Rippling:
- Click Add New App.
- Search for 1Password and click it.
- On the 1Password application page, click Connect Account.
- If you’re an owner or administrator for your business account, click “I’m the 1Password admin, I’ll install it”.
Then follow the onscreen instructions to connect your 1Password account to Rippling.
Step 3: Deploy the SCIM bridge
To deploy the SCIM bridge with Rippling auto-hosting:
- When prompted, choose “Yes, set up auto-hosting”.
- Drag your
scimsessionfile to Rippling, then enter your bearer token and click Upload.
When the setup finishes, click Move to Next Step and follow the onscreen instructions to finish setting up Rippling.
To add a Team or Department’s employees to a 1Password group:
- Click the Groups tab in the 1Password application.
- Click Edit beside the group.
- Enter the Team or Department name, click it, then click Confirm.
Learn more on the Rippling Help Center.