With 1Password Business, you can automate many common administrative tasks using the System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) bridge. It’s SCIM 2.0 compatible and works with Azure Active Directory, so you can:
- Create users and groups, including automated account confirmation
- Grant and revoke access to groups
- Suspend and delete users
Before you can configure Azure Active Directory, you’ll need to set up and deploy the SCIM bridge.
To get started, sign in to your account on the Microsoft Azure portal and follow these steps.
Add the 1Password SCIM bridge as a custom application
To add the 1Password SCIM bridge as a custom application:
- Click Azure Active Directory > “Enterprise applications” in the sidebar.
- Click “New application” , then click “Non-gallery application”.
- Enter “1Password Business” for the display name and click Add.
You’ll see the details of the application you just created.
Configure the application
On the 1Password Business application details page:
- Click Provisioning in the sidebar.
- Set Provisioning Mode to Automatic.
Enter your Tenant URL and Secret Token.
Tenant URL: the TLS-secured API gateway, proxy, or load balancer where you’ve configured the 1Password SCIM bridge. For example:
Secret Token: your OAuth bearer token
Set Provisioning Status to On, then click Save.
To sync only specific users and groups, set Scope to “Sync only assigned users and groups” and click Save. To manage assigned users and groups, click “Users and groups”.
To restart synchronization, turn on “Clear current state and restart synchronization” and click Save.
To turn off synchronization, set Provisioning Status to Off and click Save.
Learn more on the Azure Active Directory Documentation.