With 1Password Business, you can create reports to check for any security issues, review your the activity in your account, and find out how your team is using 1Password.
To get started, sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
Security issue reports
Create a domain breach report
Before you can create a domain breach report, an account owner will need to set up breach reports and verify a domain.
To view your company’s most recent domain breach report, click Reports in the sidebar, then click View Report on the Breach Report card.
A domain breach report includes:
- Data breaches involving team members.
- Data breaches involving company email addresses that aren’t associated with your 1Password account.
You can click “Notify your Team” to send an automated email to affected team members and invite other leaked company email addresses to join your 1Password account.
Learn more about how to use domain breach reports and manage your verified domains.
Create a Business Watchtower report
Before you can use Business Watchtower, an account owner will need to set it up. To do this, click Reports in the sidebar, click “Create first report” in the Business Watchtower section, then click Get Started.
To view your company’s most recent Business Watchtower report, click Reports in the sidebar, then click View Report on the Business Watchtower card.
A Business Watchtower report gives you an overview of security issues reported by Watchtower in shared vaults, including:
- Weak, reused, or compromised passwords
- Unsecured websites
- Inactive two-factor authentication
- Items with expiration dates in the past or near future
The Report Details table at the bottom of the page lists affected vaults and their reported issues. You can use the dropdown above the table to filter by issue type.
To filter items with security issues by vault, click a vault name, then click “Go to Watchtower”. To address a specific type of security issue within a vault, like reused passwords, click the reported number in the table to jump directly to that category in Watchtower.
Vaults with no reported information will display a icon in the Watchtower report. Vaults with outdated information will display a icon.
Vault reports are automatically uploaded when a team member with read access to the vault signs in to 1Password.com or the 1Password browser extension, at most once every 24 hours.
Reports with missing information will update the next time a team member with read access signs in after the 24-hour window resets.
Account activity reports
Create a usage report for a team member or vault
To create a usage report, click Reports in the sidebar, then click “View report” on the Usage Report card.
A usage report for a team member includes:
- Access: The number of vaults, groups, and items the team member can access.
- Usages by vault: An overview of the vaults where the team member has accessed items.
- Items used: A list of items showing when they were last accessed and the action performed.
A usage report for a vault includes:
- Items used: A list of items showing when they were last accessed, the action performed, and the team member who performed the action.
When you create a report, you’ll see information for the last 12 months. To see information for a different time period, click Date Range and adjust the selection. You can also adjust Vaults Included (for team member reports) or People Included (for vault reports).
If someone can no longer access an item, you’ll see next to the Last Used date.
About item usage
Item usage history is available for the previous 12 months. It includes the following types of actions:
- Copy password. A password was copied.
- Create. An item was created.
- Display. An item was viewed on 1Password.com
- Edit. An item was edited.
- Export. An item was exported.
- Fill. A password was filled.
- Reveal. A password was revealed.
- Select SSO provider. Unlock 1Password with SSO was set up.
- Share. An item was shared.
- Start editing. A team member started editing an item.
Create a sign-in attempts report
To review sign-in attempts, click Reports in the sidebar, then click “View report” on the “Sign-in attempts” card.
You’ll see sign-in attempts from the past 60 days if they:
- Are blocked or reported by firewall rules.
- Failed because the 1Password app is outdated.
- Failed due to an incorrect 1Password account password, Secret Key, or second factor.
Learn more about how to monitor sign-in attempts and adjust your security policies.
Team insight reports
Create a team report
To create a team report, click Reports in the sidebar, then click View Report on the Team Report card.
A team report includes the number of people, groups, and vaults in your account. You’ll also see a list of every team member and guest, including:
Create a device report
To create a device report, click Reports in the sidebar, then click View Report on the Device Report card.
A device report includes the number of active devices and outdated versions of 1Password used by your team members. You’ll also see a list of the specific team members using outdated versions of 1Password.
Create an overview report
To create an overview report, click Reports in the sidebar, then click View Report on the Overview Report card.
An overview report includes the number of people, vaults, and items in your business account. It also gives you an account summary, including the number of:
- Team members and guests, and their current status
- Items and vaults that are private or shared
- Trusted devices
- Secure files and the amount of storage used
Some things can’t be reported:
- You can’t see which items team members have accessed in vaults you don’t have access to, including their Private vaults.
- You can’t create reports for team members who have been removed from your team.