With 1Password Business, you can create reports to see who has access to what, and when they’ve accessed it. You can create reports for:
- individual team members or vaults
- your entire team
- an overview of your business account
You can also create reports to see data breaches and other security issues reported by Watchtower across all your shared vaults.
To get started, sign in to your account on 1Password.com. Then learn how to create the following reports:
Create an overview report
To create an overview report, click Dashboard in the sidebar. Then click Overview Report.
You can create overview reports if you’re an owner, administrator, or part of a group with the View Administrative Sidebar permission.
An overview report includes the number of people, vaults, and items in your business account. It also gives you an account summary, including the number of:
- Team members and guests, and their current status
- Items and vaults that are private or shared
- Authorized devices
- Secure files and the amount of storage used
Create a team report
You can create team reports if you’re an owner, administrator, or part of a group with the View Administrative Sidebar permission.
To create a team report, click Dashboard in the sidebar. Then click Team Report.
A team report includes the number of people, groups, and vaults in your account. You’ll also see a list of every team member and guest, including:
Create a usage report for a team member or vault
You can create usage reports if you’re an owner, administrator, or part of a group with the View Administrative Sidebar permission.
To create a usage report, click Dashboard in the sidebar. Then click Usage Report and choose a team member or vault.
A usage report for a team member includes:
- Access: The number of vaults, groups, and items the team member can access.
- Usages by vault: An overview of the vaults where the team member has accessed items.
- Items used: A list of items showing when they were last accessed and the action performed.
A usage report for a vault includes:
- Items used: A list of items showing when they were last accessed, the action performed, and the team member who performed the action.
When you create a report, you’ll see information for the last 12 months. To see information for a different time period, click Date Range and adjust the selection. You can also adjust Vaults Included (for team member reports) or People Included (for vault reports).
If someone can no longer access an item, you’ll see next to the Last Used date.
About item usage
Item usage history is available for the previous 12 months. It includes the following types of actions:
- Copy password. A password was copied.
- Create. An item was created.
- Display. An item was viewed on 1Password.com
- Edit. An item was edited.
- Export. An item was exported.
- Fill. A password was filled.
- Reveal. A password was revealed.
- Select SSO provider. Unlock with Identity Provider was set up.
- Share. An item was shared.
- Start editing. A team member started editing an item.
Create a domain breach report
Before you can create a domain breach report, an account owner will need to set up breach reports and verify a domain.
You can view domain breach reports if you’re an owner or part of the Security group.
To view your company’s most recent domain breach report, click Dashboard in the sidebar. Then click Domain Breach Report.
A domain breach report includes:
- Data breaches involving team members.
- Data breaches involving company email addresses that aren’t associated with your 1Password account.
You can click “Notify your Team” to send an automated email to affected team members and invite other leaked company email addresses to join your 1Password account.
Learn more about how to use domain breach reports and manage your verified domains.
Create a Business Watchtower report
Before you can use Business Watchtower, an account owner will need to set it up. To do this, click Dashboard in the sidebar, then click Business Watchtower Report > Get Started.
You can view Business Watchtower reports if you’re an owner or part of the Security group.
To view your company’s most recent Business Watchtower report, click Dashboard in the sidebar. Then click Business Watchtower Report.
A Business Watchtower report gives you an overview of security issues reported by Watchtower in shared vaults across your accounts, including:
- Weak, reused, or compromised passwords
- Unsecured websites
- Inactive two-factor authentication
- Items expiring
The security issues table at the bottom of the report lists affected vaults and their reported issues. You can use Watchtower to open each vault and find and fix the vulnerable items.
To find items with security issues by vault, click a vault name, then click “Look up in Watchtower”. To address a specific type of security issue within a vault, like reused passwords, you can click the reported number in the table to jump directly to that category in Watchtower.
Vaults with no reported information will display a icon in the Watchtower report. Vaults with outdated information will display a icon.
Vault reports are automatically uploaded when a team member with read access to the vault signs in to 1password.com or the 1Password browser extension, at most once every 24 hours.
Reports with missing information will update the next time a team member with read access signs in after the 24-hour window resets.
Some things can’t be reported:
- You can’t see which items team members have accessed in vaults you don’t have access to, including their Private vaults.
- You can’t create reports for team members who have been removed from your team.