Choose your region
You can create your 1Password account in one of three different regions. The region you choose determines:
- the currency you’re billed in
- where your secure data is hosted
- which 1Password team members can access service data about your account, like billing information
Regardless of your region, 1Password staff can’t access your saved logins or other items.
|Accounts on:||Billed in:||Secure data hosted in:||Service data restricted to:|
|1Password.com||🇺🇸 USD||United States||1Password staff|
|1Password.ca||🇨🇦 CAD||Canada||1Password staff in EU or Canada|
|1Password.eu||🇪🇺 EUR||European Union||1Password staff in EU or Canada|
1Password is GDPR compliant.
If you’re new to 1Password, learn how to get started. If you’re upgrading to a 1Password membership, learn how to move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account.
Change your region
Your data stays in the region you choose. It is never automatically moved from one region to another. To change from one region to another, sign up for a new 1Password account in a different region. Then migrate your data:
- Sign in to your new account.
- Copy your items from the original account to your new account. If you have multiple vaults, make sure to copy your items from all of them.
Document items can’t be copied across regions. To copy Document items, download them to your computer, then upload them to the new account.
- Sign out of the original account on your device(s).
If you share 1Password with your family or team, invite them to the new account and make sure they have access to the same vaults as before. Then each person will need to migrate their own personal data by following the same steps. Shared data that has already been migrated doesn’t need to be copied again.
After the migration, you can delete the original account.
If you have any time remaining on your original membership, contact 1Password Support.