Choose your region
You can create your 1Password account in one of three different regions. The region you choose determines:
- the currency you’re billed in
- where your secure data is hosted
- which 1Password staff members can access service data about your account, like billing information
Regardless of your region, 1Password staff can’t access your saved logins or other items.
|Accounts on:||Billed in:||Secure data hosted in:||Service data restricted to:|
|1Password.com||🇺🇸 USD||United States||1Password staff|
|1Password.ca||🇨🇦 CAD||Canada||1Password staff in EU or Canada|
|1Password.eu||🇪🇺 EUR||European Union||1Password staff in EU or Canada|
1Password.eu is GDPR compliant.
If you’re new to 1Password, learn how to get started. If you’re upgrading to a 1Password membership, learn how to move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account.
Change your region
Your data stays in the region you choose. It is never automatically moved from one region to another. To change from one region to another:
- Sign up for a new 1Password account in a different region.
- Sign in to your new account.
- Copy your items from the original account to your new account.
If you have any Documents in your account, they can’t be copied across regions. To copy Documents, download them to your computer, then upload them to the new account.
- Sign out of the original account on your device(s).
- Delete the original account.
To transfer any time remaining on your original membership, contact 1Password Support.