1Password keeps track of all the passwords you create with the password generator, so you can get them back if you didn’t have a chance to save them.
Step 1: Find the password
Whenever you use the password generator to fill a password on a website, 1Password will automatically save it.
- Open and unlock 1Password in your browser.
- Click and choose Password Generator.
- Click Generator History.
- Click to copy the password that corresponds to the website where you used the password generator.
If you used the password generator in the 1Password app or Safari, the password is in the Passwords category. Select the Password item, then click to copy the password.
Step 2: Save the password
After you’ve copied the password to the clipboard, update your existing Login item with it.
- Select the Login item you want to update with the new password.
- Click Edit, then paste the password into the password field.
- Click Save.
You can now use the Login item to sign in using 1Password.