1Password in the browser keeps track of all the passwords you create with the password generator, so you can get them back if you didn’t have a chance to save them.
Step 1: Find the password
Whenever you use the password generator to fill a password on a website, 1Password will automatically save it.
- Click in your browser’s toolbar.
- Click and choose Password Generator, then click Password Generator History.
- Hover over the item you want, then click and choose Copy to copy the password.
If you used the password generator in the 1Password app, you can check the password history to find the password you previously had saved.
Step 2: Save the password
After you’ve copied the password to the clipboard, update your existing Login item with it.
- Select the Login item you want to update with the new password.
- Click > Edit, then paste the password into the password field.
- Click Save.
You can now use the Login item to sign in using 1Password.