1Password keeps track of all the passwords you create with the password generator, so you can get them back if you didn’t have a chance to save them.
Step 1: Find the password
Whenever you use the password generator to fill a password on a website, 1Password will automatically save it as an item in the Passwords category.
- Open and unlock 1Password.
- Select the Passwords category.
- Select the Password item that corresponds to the website where you used the password generator.
- Click the password to copy it.
Step 2: Save the password
Now that you’ve copied the new password to the clipboard, here’s how to update your existing Login item with it.
- Select the Logins category.
- Select the Login item you want to update with the new password.
- Click Edit, then paste the password into the password field.
- Click Save.
You can now use the Login item to sign in using 1Password.