If you have multiple vaults, you can move and copy items between them to organize your data or share with others who have access to those vaults. Learn how to create and share vaults.
Move or copy items on 1Password.com
- Sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
- Open a vault and select an item.
- Click and choose Move/Copy.
Move or copy items in the apps
To move items, drag them to a vault. Or choose Item > Move to Vault and select the vault where you want to move the item(s).
To copy items, hold the Option key while dragging. Or choose Item > Copy to Vault and select the vault where you want to copy the item(s).
To move or copy items to a new vault, drag them to New Vault.
If you don’t see your vaults in the sidebar, click All Vaults at the top of the sidebar or choose View > Show/Hide Vaults (Command-L). If you have a different vault selected, you’ll see its name instead of All Vaults.
To move or copy an item, tap it. You’ll see the item’s details. Scroll down and tap Move and Copy.
To move or copy multiple items:
- In any item list, scroll to the top and tap Select Items.
- Select the items. You can select all the items in the list using the checkbox above the list.
- Tap Move or Copy, then select the vault where you want to move the items.
To move or copy items:
- Select an item. To select multiple items, hold the Ctrl key while selecting them. To select all the items in a list, press Ctrl + A.
- Choose Item > Share > [vault name] > Copy or Move.
To copy items:
- In any item list, tap > Select, then choose the item(s) you want to copy. To select all the items in a list, tap > Select All.
- Tap and choose the vault where you want to copy the item(s).
If you can’t move items to a shared vault, ask your family organizer or team administrator if you have the right permissions.