With a 1Password membership, 1Password saves previous versions of items every time you make changes, so you can undo your changes. When you empty the Trash, items in the Trash are archived, so you can restore them.
To get started, sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
Revert to a previous version of an item
- Open the vault that contains the item you want to revert to a previous version.
- Select the item, and click “View item history”. Items are sorted by date with the most recent version at the top.
- Click View next to one of the versions. You’ll see the contents of that version of the item.
- Click Restore.
Restore a deleted item
- Open the vault that contained the item and click Trash.
- Click View Archived Items.
- Click Restore next to the item.
Manage who can restore previous versions
If you’re a family organizer, you can choose who can restore previous versions of items in a vault:
- Click Vaults in the sidebar.
- Click the name of the vault.
- Click next to the name of the person whose permissions you want to modify.
Only family members with the Allow Editing permission can restore items in that vault.
Previous versions and archived items are saved for one year.
Permissions can be changed in every vault except the built-in Personal, Private, and Shared vaults.
If you’re having trouble restoring an item in a family account, ask your family organizer to check if you have permission to view item history for the vault that contains the item.