1Password saves previous versions of items every time you make changes, so you can undo your changes. When you empty the Trash, items in the Trash are archived, so you can restore them.
To get started, sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
Revert to a previous version of an item
- Open the vault that contains the item you want to revert to a previous version.
- Select the item, and click “View item history”. Items are sorted by date with the most recent version at the top.
- Click View next to one of the versions. You’ll see the contents of that version of the item.
- Click Restore.
Restore a deleted item
- Open the vault that contained the item and click Trash.
- Click View Archived Items.
- Click Restore next to the item.
Manage who can restore previous versions
If you’re an owner or administrator, you can choose who can restore previous versions of items in a vault:
- Click Vaults in the sidebar.
- Click the name of the vault.
- Click next to the name of the person or group whose permissions you want to modify.
Only team members with the View Item History permission can restore items in that vault.
1Password Teams saves item history for 30 days. 1Password Business includes unlimited item history. Learn how to upgrade to 1Password Business.
Permissions can be changed in every vault except the built-in Personal and Private vaults.
If you’re having trouble restoring an item in a vault, ask your team administrator to check if you have permission to view item history for that vault.