Set up AutoFill
Before you can use 1Password to fill and save your information, you’ll need to set up 1Password on your device. Then follow these steps:
- On the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords.
- Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
- Select 1Password.
From now on, you’ll be able to fill and save passwords, without ever opening the 1Password app.
To stop iCloud Keychain from asking to save your passwords, deselect iCloud Keychain. Then you’ll always know passwords are saved in 1Password, without any confusion.
Fill and save passwords
To fill or save a password, visit a website in Safari or open an app, and tap a username or password field. If you have a Login saved for the website or app, you’ll see your username above the keyboard. If not, you’ll see Passwords.
To fill a Login, tap your username above the keyboard. If you have more than one Login for the website or app, tap to choose a different one.
Save a Login
If you already have a username and password for the website, tap , then tap Create Login. Enter your details, then tap Save & Fill.
If you don’t have a username and password for the website, tap , then tap Create Login. Enter a username, then tap Generate New Password to automatically create a strong password. If a website has specific password requirements, tap Show Password Recipe and adjust length, digits, and symbols. When you’re done, tap Save & Fill.
To change where Logins are saved, open 1Password, tap Settings > Vaults > All Vaults > Vault for Saving, and choose a vault.
AutoFill requires 1Password 7.2 or later.
If you can’t use Touch ID or Face ID with AutoFill, open the 1Password app and enter your Master Password to unlock it.
If you have a Login item in 1Password that doesn’t appear when you try to fill:
- in an app, tap Passwords to see all your Login items and choose the one you want to fill.
- in Safari, you may need to edit the item to make sure its website field matches the website.
If you recently changed an item on another device and the change isn’t appearing when you attempt to fill, open and unlock 1Password to sync your changes.
If you’re an iOS app developer, set up your app’s associated domains.
If you still need help, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iOS
- Make sure you have the latest version of 1Password.
- Make sure that you set up 1Password.
- Make sure that you set up AutoFill.
- About AutoFill security in 1Password for iOS
- Use the 1Password extension to fill and save credit cards, addresses, and more
You can also fill passwords: