If you’re using Safari, there’s an easier way to fill and save passwords.
Set up Autofill
Before you can use 1Password to fill and save your passwords, you’ll need to set up 1Password on your device. Then follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Passwords > Password Options.
- Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
- Select 1Password.
From now on, you’ll be able to fill and save passwords, without ever opening the 1Password app.
To stop iCloud Keychain from asking to save your passwords, deselect iCloud Keychain. Then you’ll always know passwords are saved in 1Password, without any confusion.
Fill, save, and create passwords
To fill, save, or create a password, open an app or visit a website you want to sign in to, then follow these steps.
Fill a login
With Autofill, you can fill in apps and browsers. To fill a login:
- Tap a username or password field.
- Tap the Login item suggested near the top of the keyboard or at the bottom of the screen.
If there are no matches, tap , then search for your login and choose the one you want to fill.
- Sign in to your account.
If there are multiple steps to sign in, choose the Login item again at the second step.
If you have more than one login for the app or browser, tap near the top of the keyboard or at the bottom of the screen to choose a different one.
Save or create a new login
With Autofill, you can also save your logins in 1Password when you sign up for new accounts or log in to existing accounts in apps and browsers. To create a new Login item:
- Tap near the top of the keyboard or at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap , then enter a username.
- Tap the password field and enter your password.
To generate a password, tap Create a New Password and adjust the settings, then tap Use.
- Tap Save & Fill when you’re finished.
To change where a Login item is saved, tap beside the name of your account and vault, then choose a different vault from the dropdown menu.
Manage your settings
To change the account or collection Autofill uses to suggest logins in apps and browsers:
- Open and unlock 1Password.
- Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings.
If you're using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.
- Tap AutoFill > “Show filling suggestions from” and choose the account or collection you want.
If you want suggestions for logins in all of your accounts, choose All Accounts.
If you have a login in 1Password that doesn’t appear when you try to fill, tap Passwords, then search for your login and choose the one you want to fill. You’ll be asked what you want 1Password to do:
- Fill Once: 1Password will fill your details in the app or browser one time.
- Fill & Update Login: 1Password will fill your login in the app or browser and update your Login item to link it to the app or site. You can then autofill your details every time you log in to the same app or website.
- Cancel: 1Password won’t fill your login or update your Login item.
If you recently changed an item on another device, and the change isn’t appearing when you attempt to fill, open and unlock 1Password, then try to fill again.
If you’re an iOS app developer, set up your app’s associated domains to make it easier for your users to save and fill with 1Password.
If you still need help, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iOS.
- Make sure you have the latest version of 1Password.
- Make sure that you set up 1Password.
- Make sure that you set up Autofill.
You can also fill passwords:
- in Safari on your iPhone or iPad
- in your browser on your computer
- in apps on your Mac
- on your Android device
- Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad to fill and save logins, credit cards, addresses, and more
- About AutoFill security in 1Password for iOS