You can import data into 1Password from Chrome, Dashlane, LastPass, SplashID, and RoboForm. Learn more about how to import data from:
If your application isn’t listed above
You may still be able to import your data into 1Password using the comma-separated values (CSV) file format. Many applications are capable of exporting to CSV. Refer to the documentation of your particular software to learn how to export your information to CSV.
Before you export your data from your old password manager, temporarily turn off any backup software you may be using, so the unencrypted export file isn’t backed up.
1Password.com can only import Login items. 1Password for Mac can import Logins, Credit Cards, Software Licenses, and Secure Notes.
Import on 1Password.com
- Sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
- Click your account name in the top right and choose Import.
- Click Other and follow the onscreen instructions to import your data.
Import in 1Password for Mac
- Open and unlock 1Password.
- From the File menu, choose Import.
- Click Other on the import screen.
- Click “Import a CSV File” and follow the onscreen instructions to import your data.
After you’ve imported your information into 1Password, delete the unencrypted CSV file, and turn on any backup software you turned off earlier.
If the CSV import doesn’t work properly, learn how to create a 1Password compatible CSV file.