If you encounter an issue when importing your data from LastPass, there are a few things you can try. Learn what to do if:
- Some shared folders are missing
- Some of your imported items have a
- You see “Check your internet connection and try again."
- You imported a CSV and some of your items are missing
If some shared folders are missing
Shared folders can only be imported by administrators or people with administrator privileges in the shared folders.
Only your personal folder will be included in the LastPass export. Your family or team members can import their own personal folders.
If some of your imported items have a
If you imported your data using the 1Password desktop app, and you see a message that some of your items may have missing information due to decryption issues, you can manually copy any missing information from your LastPass items into their 1Password counterparts:
- Open and unlock the 1Password desktop app.
- Click the
!-repair-items-lastpasstag in the sidebar to see the items with missing information.
- Select the first item and look for any fields that contain
<failed to decrypt>. Compare the item to its LastPass counterpart to see if the field has any important information.
- If you see missing information that needs to be copied over, click Edit in the 1Password app and copy the information from LastPass into the appropriate fields in 1Password, then click Save.
- If you don’t see any missing information, skip to the next item.
- Repeat step 3 for each item in the list.
- When you’re finished, right-click the
!-repair-items-lastpasstag in the sidebar and choose Delete Tag, then click Delete Tag.
If you see “Check your internet connection and try again.”
If you see “Import failed. Check your internet connection and try again.”, and you’re using a Windows PC with antivirus software or a firewall, make sure the following file is allowed to connect to LastPass.com, then try to import your data again:
- If you installed 1Password with the .exe installer:
- If you installed 1Password with the MSI:
If you still see this error, or if you’re using a Mac, make sure your network and computer are able to connect to LastPass.com. Learn more about the ports and domains needed to connect to LastPass.
If you imported a CSV and some of your items are missing
If you imported your data on 1Password.com and some of your items are missing after the import, click Undo Import. Then follow these steps:
- Go back to the export page in your browser. If you closed it, follow these steps again, then continue.
- Press Command-A on Mac or Ctrl + A on Windows or Linux to select all the onscreen text.
- Press Command-C on Mac or Ctrl + C on Windows or Linux to copy the selected text.
- Sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
- Click your name in the top right and choose Import, then click LastPass.
- Choose the vault you want to import your data into. If you’re importing personal data, choose the Personal or Private vault.
To only import personal items, turn off "Import items in shared folders".
- Paste your LastPass data: right-click in the text field and choose Paste.