1Password can import your passwords from KeePassXC. When you import from KeePassXC:
- Your KeePassXC passwords will be converted into 1Password Login items.
- Only passwords will be imported. Credit cards, addresses, and other information won’t be imported.
To export your data from KeePassXC, you’ll need the KeePassXC app for Mac, Windows, or Linux.
Step 1: Export your data from KeePassXC
Before you export your data from KeePassXC, temporarily turn off any backup software you may be using, so the unencrypted export file isn’t backed up.
To export your data from KeePassXC, follow these steps on your computer:
- Open KeePassXC and unlock your database.
- Choose Database > Export > CSV File.
- Enter a file name and set the location to your desktop.
- Click Save.
If you have multiple databases, repeat these steps for each database.
Step 2: Import your data into 1Password
To import your data on 1Password.com:
- Open your browser and sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
- Click your name in the top right and choose Import.
- Click KeePassXC.
- Choose the vault you want to import your data into. If you’re importing personal data, choose the Personal or Private vault.
- Click inside the dotted rectangle to open a file browser. Browse to your desktop and select the CSV file you created earlier.
- Click Import, then click Show Imported Items.
If you want to change anything about the import, like importing the data into a different vault, click Undo Import and start again.
If you exported multiple databases, repeat these steps for each database.
After you’ve imported your information into 1Password, delete any unencrypted CSV files, then turn on any backup software you turned off earlier.
- Uninstall KeePassXC to avoid conflicts with 1Password.
- Get 1Password in your browser to save and fill passwords on the web.