1Password can import your passwords from KeePass. When you import from KeePass, your passwords will be converted into 1Password logins.
Exporting passwords from KeePass requires version 2.0 or later. KeePass import is only available on 1Password.com and requires a 1Password account.
Step 1: Export your data from KeePass
Before you export your data from KeePass, temporarily turn off any backup software you may be using, so the unencrypted export file isn’t backed up. Then follow these steps:
- Open KeePass and unlock your database.
- Choose File > Export, then select the “KeePass XML (2.x)” format.
- Enter a file name and set the location to your desktop.
- Click OK.
If you have multiple databases, repeat these steps for each database.
Step 2: Import your data into 1Password
To import your data on 1Password.com:
- Open your browser and sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
- Click your name in the top right and choose Import.
- Click KeePass.
- Choose the vault you want to import your data into. If you’re importing personal data, choose the Personal or Private vault.
- Click inside the dotted rectangle to open a file browser. Browse to your desktop and select the XML file you created earlier.
- Click Import.
If you exported multiple databases, repeat these steps for each database.
After you’ve imported your information into 1Password, delete any unencrypted XML files, and turn on any backup software you turned off earlier.