1Password can import your passwords and credit cards from Dashlane. When you import from Dashlane:
- Your Dashlane passwords will be converted into 1Password logins.
- Credit cards, addresses, and other items can be imported.
Dashlane import is only available on 1Password.com and requires a 1Password account.
Step 1: Export your data from Dashlane
Before you export your data from Dashlane, temporarily turn off any backup software you may be using, so the unencrypted export file isn’t backed up. Then follow these steps:
- Open your browser and sign in to your account on Dashlane.com.
- Click “My account” in the sidebar, then choose Export Data > Export to CSV.
A .zip file will be saved to your computer.
Step 2: Import your data into 1Password
To import your data on 1Password.com:
- Open your browser and sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
- Click your name in the top right and choose Import.
- Click Dashlane.
- Choose the vault you want to import your data into. If you’re importing personal data, choose the Personal or Private vault.
- Click inside the dotted rectangle to open a file browser. Browse to your desktop and select the .zip file you downloaded earlier.
- Click Import.
After you’ve imported your information into 1Password, delete the unencrypted .zip file, and turn on any backup software you turned off earlier.
If you only want to import certain categories of items
If you want to import only certain categories of item to 1Password, you’ll need to unzip the file you exported from Dashlane. There will be a CSV file for each category with one or more items: logins and password details, IDs, payment information, personal information, and Secure Notes.
Create a new .zip file containing only the CSV files for the categories of item you want to import, then follow Step 2 above.
If you opened the .zip file you exported from Dashlane, be sure to also delete related CSV files and folders.