1Password can import your passwords and credit cards from Dashlane. When you import from Dashlane:
- Your Dashlane passwords will be converted into 1Password logins.
- Credit cards will be imported.
- Addresses and other items will not be imported.
Dashlane import is only available on 1Password.com and requires a 1Password account.
Step 1: Export your data from Dashlane
Before you export your data from Dashlane, temporarily turn off any backup software you may be using, so the unencrypted export file isn’t backed up. Then follow these steps:
- Open Dashlane on your Mac or PC and sign in to your account.
- Choose File > Export > JSON format. Enter your Master Password if asked.
- Save the file to your desktop.
Step 2: Import your data into 1Password
To import your data on 1Password.com:
- Open your browser and sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
- Click your name in the top right and choose Import.
- Click Dashlane.
- Choose the vault you want to import your data into. If you’re importing personal data, choose the Personal or Private vault.
- Click inside the dotted rectangle to open a file browser. Browse to your desktop and select the JSON file you created earlier.
If you have any bank accounts, addresses, or other items saved in Dashlane, copy them manually into 1Password. Open 1Password on your desktop or mobile device and click the + button to add items.
After you’ve imported your information into 1Password, delete the unencrypted JSON file, and turn on any backup software you turned off earlier.
- Uninstall Dashlane and the Dashlane extension to avoid conflicts with 1Password.
- Get 1Password in your browser to save and fill passwords on the web.
If you’re having trouble importing your Dashlane data, contact 1Password Support.