If you’re using Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Dashlane, LastPass, RoboForm, or Thycotic Secret Server, there’s an easier way to import your data.
Many applications provide the option to export data using the comma-separated values (CSV) file format. To learn how to export to CSV, check the documentation for your app.
Before you export your data from your old password manager, temporarily turn off any backup software you may be using, so the unencrypted export file isn’t backed up.
Step 1: Upload your CSV file
- Open your browser and sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
- Click your name in the top right and choose Import.
- Click Other.
- Choose the vault you want to import your data into. If you’re importing personal data, choose the Personal or Private vault.
- Click inside the dotted rectangle to open a file browser and select the CSV file you created earlier.
- Click Continue.
Step 2: Choose an item type
To make sure your items are formatted correctly, choose an item type for each row: Login, Credit Card, or Secure Note. To omit a row from the import, choose Ignore Row. Then click Continue.
Step 3: Organize your information
Label the information for each item type you chose:
- Click Add Label, then choose a label for at least one column.
- To create a label, click New Label.
- To leave the information unorganized, skip the label.
- To omit the information from the import, choose Ignore Column.
- When you’re finished, click Import, then click Show Imported Items.
If you want to change anything about the import, like importing the data into a different vault, click Undo Import and start again.
After you’ve imported your information into 1Password, delete the unencrypted CSV file, and turn on any backup software you turned off earlier.