Guest accounts are ideal for sharing information with people on a limited basis. They don’t have their own private vaults and only have access to a single vault which you choose. Consider inviting:
- Your client, who needs project-related passwords.
- Your virtual assistant, who needs your email and calendar information.
- Your accountant, who needs your financial information.
If you’re a team owner or administrator, you can invite guests and share a vault with them.
Invite a guest
Share a vault with a guest
Guests have to accept their invitation and be confirmed before you can share a vault with them. After you’ve confirmed a guest you can add them to a vault and manage their access to it, like you would a team member.
A guest can only be invited to a single vault at a time, but you can remove them from one vault, then add them to a different one.
Remove a guest
- Sign in to your account on the 1Password website.
- Click People in the sidebar, then click the name of the guest to remove.
- Click More Actions, then click Remove Person and follow the onscreen instructions.
It’s possible your guest may have copied the items in the vault before you removed them from it. If this is a concern for you, be sure to change all the passwords they had access to in the vault.
Make a guest a team member
Although you can’t directly promote a guest to a team member, you can delete their guest account and invite them as a team member.