Get your Emergency Kit
1Password asks you to save your Emergency Kit when you create an account. Check your Downloads folder to see if you already have yours. You can get another copy of your Emergency Kit in some of the 1Password apps, or by signing in to your account on 1Password.com.
- Sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
- Click your name in the top right and choose My Profile.
- Click Save Emergency Kit and follow the onscreen instructions to save the PDF.
1Password for Mac
- From the Account menu choose your account > Get Emergency Kit.
- Click Save or Print.
1Password for Android
- Go to Settings > 1Password accounts, then choose your account.
- Tap View Emergency Kit, then tap Save.
Prepare your Emergency Kit
Follow these tips to prepare your Emergency Kit and store it safely:
- Print a copy to keep in a safe deposit box or with your passport or birth certificate.
- Write your Master Password in at least one printed copy of your Emergency Kit.
- Save it to your personal cloud storage, so you always have a digital copy available.
- Give a copy to someone you trust, like your spouse or someone in your will.
Should I write down my Master Password?
Consider what would happen if you ever forgot it or how a loved one would access your account in an emergency. If you don’t write it down, it’s still important to keep a copy of your Emergency Kit, so you don’t lose your Secret Key.
Use your Emergency Kit
- Sign-in address. The web address you use to sign in to your account.
- Email address. The email address you used to create your account.
- Secret Key. A unique code which protects your data. Learn more.
- Master Password. A place to record your Master Password.
- Setup Code. A QR code that makes it easy to sign in on new devices.