Set up Duo
You can set up Duo if you’re an owner or administrator on your team. Before you can set it up, you’ll need to sign up for a Duo account. Then follow these steps:
Step 1: Find your Duo client ID, client secret, and API hostname
- Sign in to your Duo account.
- Click Applications > Protect an Application in the sidebar.
- Find 1Password in the list and click Protect. You’ll see your Duo client ID, client secret, and API hostname.
Step 2: Turn on Duo for your team
- Sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
- Click Integrations in the sidebar. If you have other active integrations, click Directory at the top of the page.
- Click Duo, then turn on Duo.
- Enter your Duo client ID, client secret, and API hostname, then click Save Settings.
Your team is now protected by Duo. Everyone on your team will be asked to enroll in Duo the next time they unlock 1Password. From now on, Duo will ask each person on your team to approve their sign-ins on new devices and once every 30 days.
Manage your settings
Duo will periodically ask each person on your team to approve their sign-ins. To adjust the frequency of the approval requests:
- Sign in to your account on 1Password.com and click Integrations in the sidebar.
- Click Duo, change the number of days, and click Save.
To manage your Duo account, sign in to your Duo account.
1Password includes two methods for multi-factor authentication:
|set up by an administrator||set up by team members for themselves|
|made by Duo||made by 1Password|
|not included with your subscription||included with your subscription|
People on your team can only use one method of multi-factor authentication at a time.
If anyone on your team already uses two-factor authentication, it will be replaced by Duo when you turn on Duo for your whole team. They’ll be prompted to enroll in Duo the next time they unlock 1Password.
If you see “1Password wants to use 1Password.com to sign in”, click Continue.
Duo requires 1Password 7 or later.