1Password 4 for Windows creates files in the OPVault or Agile Keychain format. Your primary vault is normally called
1Password.agilekeychain. Other vaults will use the name of your vault. By default, vaults are saved in
You can give your vault any name you want, but the .opvault or .agilekeychain extension is required, otherwise 1Password won’t be able to recognize it.
Move your vault
To change the folder in which 1Password stores your vault:
- Open and unlock 1Password.
- Choose Preferences > General.
- 1Password will display the path to your vault – that is, the folder on your drive where your .opvault or .agilekeychain resides. Make a note of this folder.
- Choose File > Exit to quit 1Password.
- Quit all web browsers.
- In Windows Explorer, go to the path you noted in step 3.
- Move the .opvault or .agilekeychain to a folder.
- Open 1Password and choose File > Open 1Password Vault.
- Locate and select your .opvault or .agilekeychain, then click OK.