Step 1: Add your license file
After purchasing your 1Password 7 license, check your email for your license file. Then add it to 1Password 7:
- Download your license file from the link in the email.
- Double-click the license file with 1Password 7 open to apply your license.
Step 2: Add additional vaults
To open an additional standalone vault:
- Choose 1Password > “Open vault on this PC”.
- Select a .opvault or .agilekeychain vault and click Select Folder.
- Enter the vault password and click Open.
Step 3: Uninstall 1Password 4
To prevent conflicts with 1Password 4, uninstall it from your PC after upgrading to 1Password 7, then restart 1Password 7:
- Go to Control Panel > “Uninstall a program”.
- Select 1Password 4, choose Uninstall, and follow the onscreen instructions.
A license for 1Password 7 for Windows does not include a license for 1Password 7 for Mac or other versions of 1Password.
If nothing happens when you click the 1Password button in your browser
- Open 1Password and choose 1Password > Exit.
- Press Windows logo key + R.
Enter the following command and press Enter:
If 1Password stops syncing with Dropbox
When you import standalone vaults, 1Password will convert older ones to the newer OPVault format. Converting the vault will make a copy of it in the same folder, and you’ll need to configure your other devices to sync with the new vault.