Step 1: Add your license file
After purchasing your 1Password 7 license, check your email for your license file. Then add it to 1Password 7:
- Download your license file from the link in the email.
- Double-click the license file with 1Password 7 open to apply your license.
Step 2: Add additional vaults
To open an additional standalone vault:
- Choose 1Password > “Open vault on this PC”.
- Select a .opvault or .agilekeychain vault and click Select Folder.
- Enter the vault password and click Open.
Step 3: Uninstall 1Password 4
To prevent conflicts with 1Password 4, uninstall it from your PC after upgrading to 1Password 7, then restart 1Password 7:
- Go to Control Panel > “Uninstall a program”.
- Select 1Password 4, choose Uninstall, and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Next, choose 1Password > Exit in 1Password 7 and open 1Password 7 again.
A license for 1Password 7 for Windows does not include a license for 1Password 7 for Mac or other versions of 1Password.
If 1Password stops syncing with Dropbox
When you import standalone vaults, 1Password will convert older ones to the newer OPVault format. Converting the vault will make a copy of it in the same folder, and you’ll need to configure your other devices to sync with the new vault.