- About 1Password and your privacy
Your private information is yours, and we don’t sell it or give it away. Wherever possible, we don’t even collect it.
- About the 1Password security model
1Password is secure by design. Learn how 1Password encrypts your data, protects your privacy, and safeguards your information.
- How to keep your 1Password account secure
Learn how to use 1Password in a way that will protect your information and ensure that you can always access your account.
Master Password and Secret Key
1Password data formats
- About 1Password browser permissions
Learn about the permissions 1Password uses to work in your browser.
- About 1Password diagnostics reports
Learn what is and isn’t included in 1Password diagnostics reports.
- About 1Password SCIM bridge security
Learn how your data is protected when you use the 1Password SCIM bridge.
- About 1Password security on Apple Watch
Learn how to protect your data when you use 1Password on your Apple Watch.
- About 1Password X security
Learn how 1Password X protects your data when you use it in your browser.
- About Autofill security in 1Password for Android
Learn how 1Password protects your data when you use Autofill on your Android device.
- About AutoFill security in 1Password for iOS
Learn how 1Password protects your data when you use AutoFill on your iPhone or iPad.
- About Face ID security in 1Password for iOS
Learn how 1Password protects your data when you use Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro.
- About Fingerprint Unlock security in 1Password for Android
Learn how 1Password protects your data when you use Fingerprint Unlock.
- About rich icons and your privacy
Learn how 1Password provides icons for your logins and software licenses.
- About Spotlight security in 1Password on iPhone and iPad
Learn how 1Password protects your data when you enable Spotlight to find 1Password items on your iOS device.
- About Touch ID security in 1Password for iOS
Learn how 1Password protects your data when you use Touch ID on your iPhone or iPad.
- About Touch ID security in 1Password for Mac
Learn how to protect your data when you use Touch ID on your Mac.
- About Watchtower privacy in 1Password
Learn how 1Password protects your data when you use Watchtower.
- About Windows Hello security in 1Password for Windows
Learn how to protect your data when you use Windows Hello on your PC.
- How 1Password protects your data when you use a sync service
Learn how 1Password secures your information whether it’s synced with a 1Password account, Dropbox, iCloud, or the WLAN server.
- If you see “1Password would like to record this screen” on your Mac
Get help when you’re asked to grant access for 1Password to record your screen.
- Send an encrypted email to 1Password Support
Learn how to send an encrypted email to 1Password Support.
- 1Password ports and domains
Learn which ports and domains 1Password uses, so you can make sure they’re accessible.
- Authentication and encryption in the 1Password security model
1Password uses strong, end-to-end encryption. Authentication is used to provide our hosted services but not relied on for securing your data.
- How PBKDF2 strengthens your Master Password
Learn how 1Password uses Password-Based Key Derivation Function 2 to make it harder for someone to repeatedly guess your Master Password.
- How Secure Remote Password protects your 1Password account
Learn how 1Password uses Secure Remote Password to authenticate your account and protect your information in transit.
- How to verify the authenticity of the 1Password app
If you manually download the 1Password app, you can verify its signature to confirm that it’s authentic.
- How to verify the authenticity of the 1Password command-line tool on your Mac
When you download the 1Password command-line tool, you can verify its signature to confirm that it’s authentic.
- How vault permissions are enforced in 1Password accounts
Vault permissions are enforced in three ways. From strongest to weakest: cryptography, server policy, and client policy.
- Security audits of 1Password
1Password hosted services have been reviewed by multiple independent security firms.