- Change your passwords and make them stronger
Learn how to create strong passwords for all your online accounts.
- Copy and fill passwords into apps that don’t work with 1Password
Learn how to quickly access your passwords and copy them into other places, like apps that don’t have 1Password integration, or authentication dialogs on the web.
- Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages
Learn how to sign in to a website that asks for your username on one page and your password on another, like some banking and other sites.
- Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication
Learn how to use 1Password to store and quickly access your one-time passwords when you enable two-step verification for a website.
- Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad
Learn how to set up and use 1Password to fill and save usernames and passwords in apps and Safari.
- Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone and iPad
Learn how to use the 1Password extension to fill passwords, credit cards, and addresses in Safari and supported apps on your iOS device.
- If 1Password cannot fill an item in your browser because its code signature or identity could not be verified
Get help when you see a message that 1Password can’t verify the identity of your browser.
- If the 1Password 3 extension is missing in Firefox 40 or later
Get help when the 1Password button has disappeared from your toolbar in Firefox, and you’re using 1Password 3 and Firefox 40 or later.
- If the 1Password extension isn’t working in your browser
Get help with the 1Password extension, like when it won’t save passwords or fill them in to pages.
- If you don’t see the 1Password icon in your browser
Get help when 1Password isn’t showing up in your browser’s toolbar, and you can’t save passwords or sign in to sites.
- If you see “couldn’t connect to 1Password” in your browser
Get help when you can’t use 1Password in your browser because the extension can’t connect to the app.
- If you see “an update is available for Chrome” in 1Password X
Get help when you see this message in your Chrome or Chromium-based browser, like Brave, Microsoft Edge, or Vivaldi.
- If you see “the add-on could not be downloaded” in Firefox
Get help when you can’t install the 1Password extension in Firefox because of a connection failure.
- If you see “unsecured HTTP page” when trying to fill a password
Get help when 1Password won’t fill on a page that isn’t secure.
- If you used the password generator and can’t find the password to sign in
Get help when you used the password generator on a website but your new password wasn’t saved, or you can’t find it to sign in.
- How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser
You can make sure your browser automatically updates the 1Password extension when a new version is available.
- How to remove the 1Password extension
You can completely uninstall the 1Password extension from your browser on your Mac or Windows PC.
- How to save a Login manually in your browser
You can manually save a password for any website, even if 1Password does not automatically detect it.
- How to uninstall the 1Password 3 extension
You can safely uninstall the 1Password 3 extension when upgrading to the current version of 1Password.