- Copy and fill passwords into apps that don’t work with 1Password
Learn how to quickly access your passwords and copy them into other places, like apps that don’t have 1Password integration, or authentication dialogs on the web.
- Create unique answers to security questions
Use custom fields in 1Password 8 to create random answers to security questions.
- Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad
Learn how to fill and save passwords, view and edit items, and more in 1Password for Safari.
- Save a login for a website where the username and password are on different pages
Learn how to sign in to a website that asks for your username on one page and your password on another.
- Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication
Learn how to use 1Password to store and quickly access your one-time passwords when you turn on two-step verification for a website.
- Use 1Password to fill and save in apps on your iPhone and iPad
Learn how to set up and use 1Password to fill and save usernames and passwords in apps.
- Use the password generator to change and strengthen your passwords
Learn how to use the password generator to create strong passwords for all your online accounts.
- Use Universal Autofill in apps and browsers on your Mac
Learn how to set up and use Universal Autofill to fill usernames and passwords in your apps and browsers.
- If 1Password cannot fill an item in your browser because its code signature or identity could not be verified
Get help when you see a message that 1Password can’t verify the identity of your browser.
- If 1Password isn’t working in your browser
Get help with 1Password in your browser, like when it won’t save or fill passwords on the websites you visit.
- If the 1Password 3 extension is missing in Firefox 40 or later
Get help when the 1Password button has disappeared from your toolbar in Firefox, and you’re using 1Password 3 and Firefox 40 or later.
- If you can’t use Touch ID or Face ID with AutoFill
Get help if you can’t use Touch ID or Face ID when you fill usernames and passwords on your iPhone or iPad.
- If you don’t see the 1Password icon in your browser’s toolbar
Get help when 1Password isn’t showing up in your browser’s toolbar.
- If you see “couldn’t connect to 1Password” in your browser
Get help when you can’t use 1Password in your browser because the extension can’t connect to the app.
- If you see “We weren’t able to connect to the 1Password extension in your browser” in 1Password for Mac
Get help when 1Password for Mac can’t connect to 1Password in the browser.
- If you see “can’t store local data” in Firefox
Get help when you can’t use 1Password in Firefox because 1Password can’t store data on your computer.
- If you see “unsecured HTTP page” when trying to fill a password
Get help when 1Password warns you that a website isn’t secure.
- If you used the password generator and can’t find the password to sign in
Get help when you used the password generator on a website but your new password wasn’t saved, or you can’t find it to sign in.
- How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser
You can check which version of 1Password is installed in your browser and make sure your browser automatically updates it.
- How to remove 1Password from your browser
You can completely uninstall 1Password from your browser on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Save a login manually in your browser
You can manually save a password for any website, even if 1Password doesn’t automatically detect it.