With 1Password Teams and 1Password Business, you can create a report to see if anyone with a company email address has been caught in a data breach – including people that don’t use 1Password yet.
An account owner will need to set up the breach report and verify a domain, then anyone in the Security group can view it.
Set up the domain breach report
Before you can view the breach report, create the Security group and verify a company domain:
Step 1: Create the Security group
- Click Create Domain Breach Report, then click Get Started.
- Choose who to add to the Security group: all owners, all administrators, or just yourself.
- Click Create Security Group.
The Security group will have access to security reports and account activity. To add your security team or anyone else to this group, go to Groups > Security.
If you created your account after June 17, 2020, you’ll already have the Security group.
Step 2: Verify a domain
- Add a company domain to verify.
- Choose an administrative email address to send a verification code to.
- Enter the verification code to verify your domain.
To verify your domain later, click the link in your email, or go to Create Domain Breach Report > Manage Domains and click Enter Verification Code next to the domain.
If your company uses more than one domain, click Manage Domains > Add Domain to include other domains in the report.
View the domain breach report
After you verify your first domain, you’ll see the breach report for it.
To see which accounts have been affected for a specific email address, click the number of breaches it has. You’ll also see when each breach happened, and what information was exposed.
Notify people affected by a data breach
If your company is affected by a data breach, click Notify Your Team to send an email to the affected team members. You can invite people who don’t use 1Password to join your team.
The affected people should:
- Join your team on 1Password if they haven’t.
- Use 1Password to change their password for the affected site and for any accounts where they’ve reused a compromised password.
- Use Watchtower to find security problems with their items in 1Password and turn on notifications to get alerted of new data breaches.
About the domain breach report
The domain breach report integrates with the domain search database from haveibeenpwned.com. You can only find email addresses caught in data breaches after you verify that you control a domain.