You can also use your Apple Watch to unlock 1Password on your Mac.
Use 1Password on your Apple Watch to quickly look up information:
- credit card numbers and PINs
- one-time passwords
- bank account details
- passport numbers
- Wi-Fi passwords
- secure notes
To get started, set up 1Password on your iPhone, then add items to your Apple Watch.
Add and remove items from your Apple Watch
To add an item to your Apple Watch:
- Open and unlock 1Password on your iPhone.
- Find the item you want to add to your watch.
- Tap and choose Add to Apple Watch.
To see all the items you’ve added to your watch, tap Items, then scroll down to Tags and choose Apple Watch.
If you don't see the Tags section, learn how to customize the items tab to see your tags.
To remove an item from your Apple Watch, tap it, then tap and choose Remove from Apple Watch.
View items on your Apple Watch
To open 1Password on your Apple Watch, press the Digital Crown and tap on the Home screen.
To view an item, tap it. You can tap any field to enlarge it.
View one-time passwords on your watch face
You can also add one-time passwords to your watch face:
- Open 1Password on your Apple Watch.
- Tap an item and tap the one-time password field.
- Scroll down and turn on “Use as complication”.
- Customize your watch face and add the new complication.
You can add regular password fields as a complication as well, but they'll be concealed. You can tap the complication to view the password.
Document items can’t be viewed on Apple Watch.
If you see “Your Apple Watch passcode must be set”:
- Open Settings on your Apple Watch.
- Tap Passcode, then tap Enable Passcode.
If you don’t see 1Password on your Apple Watch:
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap My Watch.
- Scroll down and tap 1Password.
- Turn on Show App on Apple Watch.