If your device has a fingerprint sensor, use your fingerprint to unlock 1Password.
Set up your PIN code
- Open and unlock 1Password.
- Tap Settings > Security.
- Turn on PIN Code.
From now on, you’ll be able to unlock 1Password with your PIN code instead of your Master Password.
Manage your settings
To change your PIN code in 1Password, go to Settings > Security. You’ll also find two other options:
- Lock on exit: Lock 1Password every time you leave the app or lock your device.
- Automatically lock: Lock 1Password after the specified amount of time has elapsed.
Sometimes, you’ll need to enter your Master Password instead of your PIN code:
- If you restarted your device
- If Android terminated 1Password in the background
- If you tapped Exit in the overflow menu
- If you removed 1Password from the list of recent apps on your device