Set up Fingerprint Unlock
Before you can set up Fingerprint Unlock in 1Password, you’ll need to set up Fingerprint Unlock for your device. Then follow these steps:
- Open and unlock 1Password.
- Tap Settings > Security, then tap to turn on Fingerprint Unlock.
- Place your finger on the fingerprint sensor.
From now on, you’ll be able to unlock 1Password with your fingerprint instead of your Master Password.
Use Fingerprint Unlock
After setting up Fingerprint Unlock, open 1Password. You’ll be asked for your fingerprint instead of your Master Password. Place your finger on the fingerprint sensor until 1Password unlocks.
If you don’t see the fingerprint prompt, tap the fingerprint button above the Master Password field.
Manage your settings
To change your Fingerprint Unlock settings in 1Password, go to Settings > Security. You’ll find several settings and options:
- Lock on exit: Lock 1Password every time you leave the app or lock your device.
- Automatically lock: Lock 1Password after the specified amount of time has elapsed.
Sometimes, you’ll need to enter your Master Password instead of using Fingerprint Unlock:
- If your fingerprint isn’t recognized several times in a row
- If you’re trying to change your Master Password
- If you remove a fingerprint from your device
If you still need help, follow these steps. Try again after each step:
- Make sure you have the latest version of 1Password.
- Make sure that you are able to unlock your device with your fingerprint.
- Turn off Fingerprint Unlock in 1Password > Settings > Security, then turn it on again.
- Try adding a different finger.
Fingerprint Unlock requires a fingerprint sensor and Android 6 (Marshmallow) or later. If your device doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor, you can use a PIN code to unlock 1Password.