Set up filling
- Open and unlock 1Password.
- Tap Settings > Filling.
You’ll see different filling options available on your device, depending on your version of Android:
|Autofill||✅||✅||apps and supported browsers*: Android 8 or later|
|Accessibility||✅||❌||apps: Android 5–7
browsers: Android 5 or later
* Supported browsers include DuckDuckGo and Firefox Focus.
To turn on Autofill, tap it. In the list of Autofill services, tap 1Password, then tap OK.
To turn on Accessibility, tap it. In the list of accessibility services, tap 1Password and turn it on. Tap OK, then tap to go back.
If your Android device doesn’t support Direct Boot, turning on any accessibility service disables device encryption, but you can enable device encryption again. Learn how to encrypt your Android device
Fill, save, and create passwords
To fill, save, or create a password, visit a website or open an app you want to sign in to, then follow these steps.
Fill a Login
- Tap the username field, then tap “Autofill with 1Password”.
- Tap the Login item you want to fill. If there are no matches, tap Search 1Password.
- Sign in to your account.
Every Android app has a unique application ID. If a Login doesn't include an application ID that matches the app where you're trying to fill it, 1Password will warn you. To create a Login that includes the application ID, save the Login using Autofill.
Save a Login
- Enter your username and password, then sign in.
- Tap Save when you see “Save username and password to 1Password?”
- Enter a title for your Login item, choose the vault where you want to save it, then tap Save.
Create a new Login
- Tap the username or password field, then tap “Autofill with 1Password”.
- Tap “Create a new login”, then enter your username.
- Tap next to the password field and adjust the settings for your new password.
- Tap Next when you’re finished, then tap Save and finish signing up for your account.
If you have an item in 1Password that’s not appearing in your browser, edit the item to make sure its website field matches the site you’re visiting.
You can also fill passwords: