Set up filling
Before you can set up filling, you’ll need to set up 1Password on your device. Then follow these steps:
- Open and unlock 1Password.
- Tap > Settings > Filling.
To fill in apps and browsers, turn on Accessibility. In the list of accessibility services tap 1Password and turn it on. Then tap OK, and tap to go back.
To save passwords in apps, turn on Autofill. In the list of Autofill services, select 1Password, and tap OK.
If you’re using Android 6 or earlier, turning on any accessibility service disables device encryption, but you can enable device encryption again. Learn how to encrypt your Android device
Fill and save passwords
To fill or save a password, open the app you want to sign in to, then follow these steps.
Fill a Login
With Autofill and Accessibility, you can fill in apps and browsers. To fill a Login:
- Tap the username field. If you see “Autofill with 1Password”, tap it and unlock 1Password.
- Tap the Login item you want to fill. If no matches are found, tap Search 1Password.
- Sign in to your account.
Save a Login
With Autofill, you can also save passwords in apps. To save a Login:
- Enter your username and password, then sign in.
- Tap Save when you see “Save username and password to 1Password?”
- Enter a title for your Login item, choose the vault where you want to save it, and tap Save.
If you have an item in 1Password that’s not appearing in your browser, edit the item to make sure its website field matches the site you’re visiting.
Accessibility requires Android 5 or later. Autofill requires Android 8 or later. To manually fill on Android 4.1 or later, use the 1Password keyboard.
You can also fill passwords: