After you’ve created your account, you can add and remove family members at any time.
To get started, sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
Add a family member
To add family members to your account:
- Click Invitations in the sidebar.
- Click Invite by Email and enter their email address.
- Click Invite.
Each family member you invite will receive their own Secret Key and create their own Master Password to use on their devices. After each account is set up, you’ll receive an email notification. Click the link in the email to confirm each account.
Remove family members
If you’re a family organizer, you can remove someone from your family account. Click People in the sidebar to either suspend accounts temporarily or remove them permanently.
Suspend an account temporarily
To temporarily revoke a family member’s access to vaults and items, suspend their account:
- Click the name of the person you want to suspend.
- On their details page, click More Actions and choose Suspend.
Remove a family member’s account permanently
After you remove a family member’s account, they can’t sign in to 1Password, which means:
- They lose all the items in their Private vault. Because the items weren’t shared with any other family members, no one will be able to access them.
- They lose access to all shared items, including those in the Shared vault. This won’t affect other family members’ access to shared items.
To permanently remove a family member’s account:
- Click People in the sidebar.
- Click the name of the person you want to remove.
- On their details page, click More Actions and choose Delete.