Set up the 1Password extension
Before you can use the 1Password extension, you’ll need to set up 1Password on your device. Then follow these steps:
- Open Safari and tap the Share icon.
- Swipe left on the bottom row of icons and tap More.
Tap to turn on 1Password in the list of Activities.
Touch and hold next to 1Password and move it to the top of the list, then tap Done.
From now on, you’ll be able to fill passwords and more, without even opening the 1Password app.
Use the 1Password extension
There are two ways to open the 1Password extension on your iOS device:
Safari and web views
In Safari and apps with a web view, visit the web page where you want to use the 1Password extension. Tap the Share icon, then tap 1Password.
In a supported app, tap the 1Password icon. Not sure if the app you’re using is supported? Check our list of over 200 supported apps.
Fill and save using the extension
To fill a password, tap a Login item.
To save a password, tap New Login. Learn how to change a saved password.
To view an item’s details, tap the icon.
To switch vaults, tap the vault icon in the top left.
In Safari and apps with a web view, tap to fill a credit card or address.
When you’re done, tap Cancel.
In Safari, the extension can’t be accessed from a blank tab or the Favorites page.
If you have an item in 1Password that’s not appearing when you open the extension, you may need to edit the item to make sure its website field matches the website or app.
If you’re an iOS app developer, add the 1Password extension to your app.
If you still need help, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iOS
- Make sure you have the latest version of 1Password.
- Make sure that you set up 1Password.
- Make sure that you set up the 1Password extension.
- Developers: add the 1Password extension to your iOS app
- About the security of the 1Password extension in iOS
You can also fill passwords: