You may have trouble with 1Password in your browser if you’re using:
- an outdated browser or operating system
- a poor Wi-Fi or cellular connection
- a VPN
- a firewall, proxy server, antivirus, or other security software
- a browser extension or feature that changes content on websites, including ad blockers
You may also see one of these errors:
- “Your account couldn’t be created”
- “Couldn’t connect to 1Password”
- “Update your browser to keep using 1Password”
What you should do
If you have an issue when you try to sign in, create an account, or enter your credit card information on 1Password.com, try the following steps:
- Make sure your operating system is up to date and you’re using the latest version of a supported browser: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Brave, or Safari. Then try again.
- Restart your wireless router or connect to a more reliable network and try again.
- Turn off your VPN and try again.
- Add the 1Password ports and domains to your whitelist and try again.
- Turn off all browser extensions or built-in content blockers and try again. To find out which extension is preventing you from using 1Password, turn on each one individually and try again. If you find an incompatible extension, share it with 1Password Support.
- Switch to another browser or a different device and try again.
Get more help
If you still can’t sign in, create an account, or enter your credit card information: