You may have trouble with 1Password in your browser if you’re using:
- an old or incompatible browser
- a poor Wi-Fi or cellular connection
- a VPN
- a firewall, proxy server, antivirus, or other security software
- a browser extension that changes content on websites, including ad blockers
What you should do
If you see an error when you try to create an account or sign in to 1Password, try the following steps:
- Make sure you’re using the latest version of a supported browser: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Brave, Opera, or Microsoft Edge. Then try again.
- Restart your wireless router or connect to a more reliable network and try again.
- Turn off your VPN and try again.
- Add the 1Password ports and domains to your whitelist and try again.
- Turn off all browser extensions and try again. To find out which extension is preventing you from using 1Password, turn on each one individually and try again. If you find an incompatible extension, share it with 1Password Support.
Get more help
If you still can’t create an account or sign in, contact 1Password Support.